Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Photo Shoot

 A few months ago I found someone to take pictures of Macks for me. I figured that I should probably get some real pictures taken of her to put on the wall and all that fun stuff. Well I set up a time and place and had all of the outfits read, I was so excited and had so many ideas of what we were going to do with the finished pictures. Well we got to the the site where I wanted them taken and the lady started taking pictures, five minutes in to the session and I was already frustrated and disappointed. She was so busy trying to pose Macks that she was missing all of the super cute candid pictures, and not only that she kept stopping the session to look at the pictures she had taken to see if she had some good ones. Now I know that I am not a photographer or anything but I feel like I know a little about being a good one. For starters I know that when you are taking pictures of little kids who move around a lot you need to be constantly taking pictures, and you might not be able to get them to sit still so get as many pictures on the go as you can. And secondly you need to to be always taking pictures  of your subject the whole session, it doesn't matter if you are shooting a kid or an adult or whoever, you can always go home and look at the pictures and decide if you like them. The more you take the more you have to choose from. Thirdly; don't waste your clients time by spending more then half of the session looking at the camera to see if you have a good picture. And Lastly; Make sure that you know what colors go together. Don't try taking pictures with a water fall background in a light colored outfit, obviously they wont show up and the pictures will turn out horrible. Oh, and how about you give your client more than 13 pictures from an hour session. Yeah, that was a big waste of time.

Okay my rant is over, I did get 13 pictures out of this whole fiasco and I do like some of them so I will let you guys decide if it was worth my time or not! :) 

This is the only picture she got of Macks in her BYU jersey :(











3 comments:

HeritageoftheLord said...

She is sooooo cute. I think the pictures turned out darling! Totally worth it. I know what you mean that they should go go go and bummer that she was missing cute stuff- I might have to just mention that photography is HARD. I tried. That photographer must have been new with kids or something. You know what I would appreciate if I were her- just let her know a little bit how you felt. I know it would help her improve and make people happier in the future. Just a little thank you note and then mention that what you would have really liked from her- honestly I can only see it helping her and now you know what to ask for in the future with future photographers. And now I know what to ask for too so I really like that you honestly put what you felt. Okay- so all in all really the pictures are very cute and I never would have guessed that to be the case looking at them. She is just a doll. :)

Sarah L. said...

I just adore the last 4 photos!!! So sweet. But yes, considering the photo shoot overall, I could totally see how you would be frustrated with that experience. I will fly out and do them next time! ;)

Gina D. said...

Love the photos!! She's so cute! However, I agree with you on how to take the photos. I should get a good camera and then practice with Macks :)