Friday, March 23, 2012

Weeks 31- 33

Week 31: Well, the weeks are starting to blur together a little bit, so I don't think anything super important happened this week. Except I am having to wear more maternity clothes and sweats, even my bigger pre-pregnancy clothes are to small and to short. So that makes me feel kinda...........huge!!! LOL

Week 32: This week I am starting to walk more like a pregnant lady. I try not to because I don't want people to stare, because when I wear hoodies and sweats I don't look pregnant just fat. :/ I am definitely finding it harder to move around not just quick, but moving around in general is hard. I finally felt what baby hiccups feel like. But She doesn't have them very often, and when she does it is of course at night when I am trying to sleep. I think she is just trying to get me ready for when she is here and I wont be sleeping hardly at all. This week was the start of March Madness, so John and I each did a bracket for his work group. And we thought it would be fun to do one for Macks. We decided that we would keep track of the time of her kicks and if it was on an even number she was picking the even ranking team, and if it was odd then the odd ranking team. we had to change it up for the second and third rounds but we seemed to figure out a pretty good system. Oh and we got really lucky that she was in the mood to move A LOT!!!! So far she is doing pretty good (for an unborn child) I think she has like 280 points as of right now (March 23) and she isn't even in last place!!! This was great for us to do, John loved it and told her she was crazy a couple of times for picking the team that she did!!! But I think it was a little bonding experience that we were able to have with her before she even gets here, even if she doesn't have a clue what was going on!!!! 

Week 33: Well on Monday we went in for our 32 week appointment. That was not the greatest appointment we have had. I think it is worse than the one at like 11 weeks where they couldn't find the heart beat with the doppler, so they did an ultrasound and were able to find it. But I was super worried then. Well This week it wasn't a worry appointment. It was a make me feel bad appointment. So last time the Dr told me that I was measuring small and that I had to eat every 2 hours for blood sugar purposes. So I did what he told me. I didn't go overboard with eating. at least I didn't think that I had. But he measured me and told me that I was measuring 30 cm (not Inches, I guess I would be huge if I was measuring in inches so from the last post it is cm not inches they measure in!!) so I asked him if that was good, and he said perfect!! I was thinking oh good I am doing great. Then he looks at my chart and asks 
DR: "so you've only gained 12 lbs this pregnancy?"
ME: No (john and I had just talked about how I had gained more than I wanted to so this made me a little sad :( ]
DR: taps me on the knee and smiles then says "I know its okay I am joking that is just my way of telling you that you need to slow down"
ME: Okay I know (being very upset in my head that my Dr. just told me that I was fat and that I needed to stop gaining weight.)
Anyways it was very frustrating. I mean you don't go telling a pregnant lady with raging hormones that she is Fat. I don't care how nice you tell them it still means the same thing. Ugh okay that was our appointment and I am done venting!!!
So for the rest of this week......I am obviously having to wear lots of maternity clothes and sweats. Mostly sweats because I just find them way more comfortable!! Macks has been moving a lot these last few days. I think it is kinda cool because I like to sit and watch her stretch and you can see it from both sides of my stomach. But sometimes it is not so nice, like when I am trying to sleep. LOL But I really love knowing that she is doing good (even though I am sure she is running out of room!!) and that she is alive. I had someone ask me if she was kicking my ribs yet. Well the answer is No, but I think that rib kicks would be less painful the hip kicks. She loves kicking my right hip bone. But the kicks aren't to bad just a little painful. what really gets me is when she just sits there and pushes on my hip for like 3 seconds. ( I know that doesn't sound very long, but it sure feels like forever!!!) Okay so besides that I think the week is going by pretty quick!! I love knowing that in 2 months I will have her here and not have to keep counting down the days!!! I am also loving planning her room out (yeah I am sure I should already have it done because I am not going to be able to do much in a few weeks) we didn't have to paint the walls or anything really so that is nice I have a few ideas that I found on pinterest

Well I cant wait only 47 days to go!!! I will post a picture of me this week as soon as I take one. Maybe tonight!!! 

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I gained 60 pounds with mine. And my doctor was cheering me on. Just eat when and how much you feel, you're body will gain what it needs to in order to keep Macks healthy.

HeritageoftheLord said...

Seriously the whole weight-gaining thing is tough and for sure you don't want to hear that you are fat!!! I have finally come to the conclusion that I would rather gain a little extra than deprive my baby of some nutrients just because I didn't want to gain more weight! Honestly that is what is most important.

Have you ever looked into the Brewer's diet? The average weight gain is double what I have read to be "normal" anywhere else- but it's higher because the recommendations for protein and all the good stuff is so high. I don't think doctors should talk about weight gain, I think they should focus on the food the mom is eating- wouldn't that be so different? Anyway don't worry about it and keep eating what you know your body and baby need and exercising and you will be good!!!

I'm excited for your shower coming up and to see you and your belly!